Autumn is a gorgeous time to round up the family for a camping trip! Here are a few of my favorite spots:
- Long Lake Campground – The Kettle Moraine area is a pretty special place. Long Lake Campground has 200 sites, including 16 electrical campsites and 3 disability accessible campsites. Hurry though! The campground stays open until mid-October.
- Camping For the Fun of It – If you want to impress the kiddos, you have to check out one of 13 Camping for the Fun of It campgrounds in Wisconsin. From jumping pillows to mini golf to a giant shopping cart, your family will never get bored!
- Devils Lake State Park – This Baraboo landmark is a gem year-round but it is especially gorgeous during the fall months. There are tons of great trails at Devils Lake, each providing varying levels of difficulty, diversity and magnificent views.
- Diamond Lake Family Campground – Nestled among the picturesque streams and rivers of northeastern Wisconsin, Diamond Lake Family Campground in Porterfield is a peaceful getaway with so much to offer. Outdoor recreation is plentiful here thanks to Mother Nature: Embark on a rafting or canoe trip on the Peshtigo River or discover any one of the many stunning waterfalls in Marinette County.
- Big Arbor Vitae Lake – This beautiful 1,090-acre lake with clear water and a nice sandy bottom is surrounded by the beauty of the Northwoods. And an extra perk for you fisherman: Big Arbor Vitae is also a Class “A” Musky and Walleye fishing lake!
- Big Bay State Park– Pack up the smores ingredients and a few extra blankets and head to Madeline Island for some beach camping. Night owls will love stargazing from the island!
…as for what our fans say on Twitter:
8. @AlexLovesPack52 recommends Embarrass River ATV Park & Campground in Tigerton because it's a perfect combination of adventure and quiet camping. Tigerton may be a small town but between ATV trips, you can get lost in a shopping excursion at a few of the local Amish shops.
9. @greglovell2 says Brunet Island State Park is the place to camp thanks to the great paddling and biking opportunities. Plus, the scenery is absolutely breathtaking. We think @greglovell2 is right on the money with this suggestion. Love camping in Wisconsin? Share your thoughts with us on Twitter (@discoverwi).
Mariah Haberman is the co-host of the nation’s longest-running tourism TV show, Discover Wisconsin. She hails from Evansville, where she was brought up in a family of seven in a small farmhouse outside of town. Some of her favorite memories include Lake Michigan fishing trips with her Dad, showing sheep at the Rock County Fair and buzzing around the farm on an ATV with her little brother. Watch Discover Wisconsin Saturdays at 10 a.m. on FSN Wisconsin’s outdoor block.
Great family campground for all ages!
Brand new campground with hugh sites, full hook up, new shower bldg. Excellent club house with great food and drinks! Also cabins to rent
Green Acres Family Campground
30714 152nd St
New Auburn, WI, 54757
It's a new campground but you would never know it !! Give it a try !!
Crystal lake campground near Minoqua is beautiful, always booked have to book a year in advance, another good one is koa in the dells
Rock Island State Park - very secluded, lots of hiking, beautiful beach
Peninsula State Park - so many activities, but definitely rent bikes; it's the best way to see the park
Mirror Lake State Park - shh, this one is our family's secret getaway. Close to the waterparks, but nobody seems to know it exists. Pretty little lake and you can rent canoes & kayaks very cheaply.
interesting post but one thing is missing that is camping pillow. Of course where you need travel items for a camping trip, you will also need a camping pillow for a good night's sleep. so please visit this website