From gorgeous parks and trails to an exciting and ever-evolving downtown, Janesville is everything that's great about Wisconsin and so much more. From outdoor recreation, to fun downtown stores and events, to countless reasons to spend time with those you love, Janesville is the ultimate place to relax and recharge. There's something for everyone in Janesville, Wisconsin's Great Outside!
- Hike or bike the scenic portion of the Ice Age Trail that runs through Janesville. If you’re there on a Saturday, we recommend stopping by the Farmers’ Market!
- Get a quick workout at Janesville’s Outdoor Fitness Court, located near downtown and right off the bike path. Download the app and find a number of guided workouts for any level.
- Explore fun downtown shops like Voigt Music Center, Velvet & Tulle, and the Bodacious Olive.
- Enjoy delicious, locally sourced food and craft cocktails at Lark. We highly recommend trying the Brussels sprouts!
- Get together with friends and sample some beer at Rock County Brewing Company. The friendly staff, great snacks, board games, and garage door that opens up to the street make for a fun, laid back atmosphere.
- Learn a new skill or hone your craft at classes offered at Janesville businesses like The Glass Garden or K&W Greenery.
- Learn about the history of Janesville through a self-guided Historical Walking Tour using the Clio App.
- Check out the Rock Aqua Jays at Traxler Park. This waterski show team is the most successful in the world and they perform twice weekly in the summertime.
- Explore one of Janesville’s many beautiful parks and natural areas, including the Rotary Botanical Gardens, Rockport Park, the Robert O Cooke Arboretum, Riverside Park and Lustig Park.
- Experience Freedom Fest, a free, one-day event held every summer. Along with offering a number of community services, Freedom Fest features live music, kids’ activities, carnival rides, food and a firework show that draws people from all over the region.
Jessica Murphy is a producer of Discover Wisconsin. Watch the show on Fox Sports Wisconsin every Saturday at 10am or on Roku, Chromecast, Smart TV, Amazon Fire, and Apple TV.
[Photo by @MarshaMood]