Know Your Wisconsin: American Family Insurance Championship
Air Date: 05/06/2021 -
The American Family Insurance Championship is back – and with preparations for up to 5,000 attendees per day on the 430-acre University Ridge Golf Course. PGA TOUR Champions and the American Family Insurance Championship today announced their plan for this year’s tournament, scheduled for June 5-13 at University Ridge Golf Course in Madison.
The plan developed by officials from the PGA TOUR and American Family Insurance and approved by UW-Madison – which oversees and operates the state-owned University Ridge – enacts a series of policies and measures in accordance with local and state COVID-19 protocols. Those steps, among others, include:
- Up to 5,000 attendees will be allowed on the grounds during the tournament competition (June 11-13) including players, caddies, spectators, tournament staff, and volunteers.
- Face coverings will be required for all spectators, staff, and volunteers unless actively eating or drinking.
- Eating and drinking will not be allowed within 10 feet of the spectator rope line.
- Concessions services, with limited menu options, will be available in selected locations on the golf course.
- Public bleacher seating will not be available.
- Fans are encouraged to bring chairs and sit in ways that help ensure physical distancing throughout all 18 holes.
- Sanitation stations will be located throughout the grounds, as will “safety ambassadors” to encourage attendee compliance with COVID-safety protocols.
The fan-favorite celebrity foursome, which has helped attract Saturday crowds of up to 25,000, will not be held this year but will return in 2022.
To learn more, click here.