It is said that for every $100 spent at local small businesses, $68 returns to the community. If you’re looking to support and represent your neck of the woods this Christmas, we’ve teamed up with Something Special from Wisconsin™ to do the shopping for you. You won’t have to set foot in a mall, and you know you’re supporting the state of Wisconsin. Double win.
- Caramels, Nuts and Popcorn from Cream City Caramels & Confections - because the way to a man’s heart is through his stomach, right?
- Honey and Maple Syrup from Schrauth Sweet Sensations - all products originate between the Horicon Marsh and the Kettle Moraine.
- Handcrafted bowls from Bob’s Wooden Bowls - The bowls are handmade in Wisconsin, using both domestic and imported wood.
- Handmade knives from J. Hoffman Knives - made in Shawano using Northern Wisconsin hardwoods, exotic burls, and manmade materials as handles.
- Leather belts from B & T Belts - handcrafted leather items made in Orfordville.
- Tea from Urbal Tea - the Milwaukee-based herbal tea company uses high-quality ingredients to create a pure and simple product.
- Handwoven rug from Jackl’s Whataview Farm - all items are handmade at Whataview Farm in Phelps.
- Cutting boards, coasters, serving bowls and rolling pins from Chosen Stones - a family-owned and operated business in Richland Center selling heirloom quality wood products for the home.
- Skincare products from Quatrefoil Skincare LLC - The first skincare company from the Midwest focusing on developing natural and organic skincare products with ingredients from local farms.
- Oils, balms, hand soap, sugar scrubs, lip balms and laundry soap from Bearded Rhino - Wisconsin-made products specializing in beard and skincare
- Cribbage board from Art in Wood - custom Cribbage boards by request, made in Oconomowoc.
- Handmade hats, scarves and mittens from Purl-2-Girls - two friends from Wisconsin with a passion for knitting and handmade products.
- Custom guitars from Vesper Guitars - Acoustic guitars, acoustic bass guitars, electric guitars, electric bass guitars and ukuleles handmade in Germantown.
- Homemade dog, cat and horse treats from Annie’s Bone Appetit - based in Menasha and made all natural, preservative free and with love.
- Sweet potato dog treats from Front Porch Pets - treats are gluten free, highly nutritious, excellent for dog’s teeth and health, and produced and packaged in Wild Rose.
Which of these are on your Christmas list? Share with us on social media using #discoverwisconsin.
Something Special from Wisconsin™ is a trademarked program administered by the Division of Agricultural Development at the Wisconsin Department of Agriculture, Trade and Consumer Protection since 1983. Every dollar spent on Something Special from Wisconsin™ products and services supports local farmers, food processors, entrepreneurs, our communities and livelihood, as well as the Wisconsin way of life. Something Special from Wisconsin™ products are unique and of the highest quality, making them perfect for gift-giving, special occasions and every day!
Kristen Finstad is a member of the Discover Wisconsin crew. Having grown up in River Falls, attending UW-Stevens Point and now living in Madison, she’s a Wisconsin girl through and through. Watch Discover Wisconsin TV Saturday mornings at 10 on Fox Sports Wisconsin. (Twitter: @DiscoverWI)