As a kid, a trip to Wisconsin Dells feels like the ultimate vacation. Waterparks, themed resorts, arcades – what more could you possibly want? As an adult, there’s a whole other side to Wisconsin Dells just waiting to be discovered. While it could be argued you’re never too old to enjoy zipping down a waterslide, here are eight suggestions for the perfect adult getaway to the Dells.
- Dinner at Ishnala Supper Club – Every great vacation needs great food, right? Well, look no further than Ishnala Supper Club. Located right in the middle of Mirror Lake State Park, just minutes from downtown Wisconsin Dells, this beloved dining destination was voted the #1 supper club in Wisconsin. Known for great steaks, prime rib, and fresh seafood, you’re sure to have a meal to remember.
- Old Fashioneds at Ishnala – Even if you don’t have time for a full meal, it’s worth stopping by Ishnala just to try its famous Old Fashioned. Sit down, relax and sip Wisconsin’s favorite cocktail at one of Ishnala’s three bars or outdoor decks all of which look out over Mirror Lake.
- Wine Tasting at Baraboo Bluff Winery – With multiple award-winning wines to choose from, Baraboo Bluff Winery delivers with everything from dry reds to super sweet white wines. Stroll through the vineyards with a glass in hand or grab a blanket and have a picnic on the hill looking out over the Baraboo Hills.
- Live Music at Baraboo Bluff Winery – Good wine. Gorgeous views. Great music. It’s all waiting for you during Baraboo Bluff Winery’s live music events. You can usually find a local musician playing their heart out on weekends in the tasting room or outdoor pavilion.
- A Day of Pampering at Spa Kalahari – Right in the middle of Kalahari Resorts & Conventions, one of Wisconsin Dells’ premier resorts, is the oasis that is Spa Kalahari. Treat yourself to a massage, facial, mani/pedi, or any of its indulgent spa services.
- Play a Round of Golf at Trappers Turn Golf Club – With 27 holes of championship golf on a beautiful course designed by Roger Packard and two-time U.S. Open Champion Andy North, Trappers Turn Golf Club provides a fun and challenging experience for golfers of all skill levels.
- Experience a Live Show at the Crystal Grand Music Theatre – The Crystal Grand Music Theatre has been drawing some of the biggest names in music (think REO Speedwagon, Vince Gill and Pat Benatar) for decades. With an intimate theater seating around 2,000, there’s not a bad seat in the house!
- Spend a Night Out on the Town at The Keg & The Patio – With an indoor bar and grill serving up mouthwatering burgers and signature cocktails, to an outdoor patio where you can enjoy games, bonfires, a year-round ice rink and even a brand new wine bar right next door, The Keg & The Patio is an ideal spot for a night out with family or friends.
Jennifer Ingish is a producer of Discover Wisconsin. Watch the show on Fox Sports Wisconsin every Saturday at 10am or on Roku, Chromecast, Smart TV, Amazon Fire, and Apple TV.
Leave a Reply