With Great Lakes Superior and Michigan meeting Wisconsin's northern and eastern coasts respectively, you can find more than 30 historic lighthouses still standing. Even Lake Winnebago - Wisconsin's largest inland lake - is home to a handful of magnificent lighthouses. Many provide tours and all of them offer breathtaking views. Starting in the state's southeastern corner and making our way to the northwest region, here are 18 jaw-dropping photos of Wisconsin lighthouses:
1. Kenosha North Pierhead Light (Kenosha County)
Photo by Vern Lee
2. Racine Breakwater (Racine County)
Photo by Scott Olsen
3. Wind Point Lighthouse (Racine County)
Photo by Brian Havican
4. Milwaukee Breakwater Light (Milwaukee County)
Photo by @hantnah, Instagram
5. North Point Lighthouse (Milwaukee County)
Photo by Bob Israel
6. Port Washington Breakwater Light (Ozaukee County)
Photo by Eric Curtin
7. Fond du Lac Lighthouse (Fond du Lac County)
Photo by Bob Haase
8. Neenah Light (Winnebago County)
Photo by Debi Duford
9. Manitowoc Breakwater Light (Manitowoc County)
Photo by Michael Henderson
10. Kewaunee Pier Lighthouse (Kewaunee County)
Photo by Dave Biermann
11. Algoma Lighthouse (Kewaunee County)
Photo by Tim Schulz
12. Sturgeon Bay Canal Station (Door County)
Photo by @creativespew, Instagram
13. Cana Island Lighthouse (Door County)
Photo by Ken Merrell
14. Eagle Bluff Lighthouse (Door County)
Photo by Lloyd Fleig
15. Rock Island Boathouse (Door County)
Photo by Tim Sweet
16. Devils Island Lighthouse (Ashland County)
Photo by Elisabeth Witt
17. Wisconsin Point Lighthouse (Douglas County)
Photo by John Heino
18. Kenosha Southport Lighthouse (Kenosha County)
Which is your favorite? Comment below! And be sure to share your Wisconsin lighthouse photos with me on social media using #DiscoverWisconsin.
Mariah Haberman hosts the nation’s longest-running tourism TV show, Discover Wisconsin. She hails from Evansville, where she was brought up in a family of seven in a small farmhouse outside of town. Some of her favorite memories include Lake Michigan fishing trips with her Dad, showing sheep at the Rock County Fair and buzzing around the farm on an ATV with her little brother. Watch Discover Wisconsin Saturdays at 10 a.m. on FSN Wisconsin’s outdoor block. (Twitter: @DiscoverWI)
#3 - Racine Breakwater. Stunning!
Another one to add which is amazing to add is the light house on Rock Island in Door County. A real pleasure trip.
Cana Island has brought me great luck on the big water.
#9 Neenah light is beautiful.
They are all beautiful photos, but the photo of the Kenosha North Pierhead is just...WOW! Thank you for sharing.
Absolutely stunning pictures by all the talented individuals. Wisconsin truly is a heavenly place.
Even though I lived many years as a kid in Kewaunee County, and listening to the Kewaunee foghorn across the street, I have to pick the Neenah Lighthouse. Awesome!
no matter how far away I am WI is always my home harbor. a cheesehead 4 life
#17 My Dad was born and raised in Superior and worked on the ore carriers on the Great Lakes back in the 1930's. Must have been quite a life out there.